RtR

RtR

Friday, May 15, 2015

Comfy Question

I rode Question!

Crappy pics, but I don't care. 


I couldn't take it any more, I had to sit on his back. So, I talked the fiancé into at least letting me ride him in the barn area.



All I can say is that he is one of the most comfortable horses I've ever set on. A flat saddle always feels super awkward to me, it doesn't matter how much I ride in one. It didn't on Question. Granted, I only had room to walk and trot, but I've never felt that secure in exercise tack. Like, I actually wanted to take him up to the track and gallop him. ME! 

I promise the trot was better than it looks in the pics :)


There is just so much horse power underneath you. He's so deep and broad, I didn't feel like I had to fight to keep my freakishly long legs on, felt 100% balanced. I really want to start riding him more. The fact that he could plant me any time he wants, and probably will, doesn't even bother me because I can guarantee that it would still be one hell of a fun ride even if he did. 


20 comments:

  1. YAY!

    He sounds amazing. I wanna sit on him tooooo.

    And maybe he won't plant you. One never really knows. Lex never threw me or even tried to and she famously tossed three jockeys in one day when she as at the track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemme amend my statement there before SB sees my comment and is all "AHEM": Lex didn't try to throw me until she was in a lot of pain from her nuchal bursitis. And even then I didn't fall off and I'm betting I'm not better at sticking stuff than the jockeys.

      Delete
    2. He might actually not plant me due to the fact that it would just be too easy and therefore, no fun at all. I think the only time he might try is jogging back after galloping and coming off the track. He's really good going forward and he's too lazy to run off very far (not that that would get me off) so I figure that I would have a good chance of at least making the first 75% of the course :)

      Delete
  2. He is one handsome horse and you look good on him. He may dump you, he may not but I think you should keep riding him.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so too :) even if it's just dressage work on his days off, I really would like to.

      Delete
  3. Sexy pony... Very sexy pony. You look confident on him too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt really confident on him, surprisingly.

      Delete
  4. what a great feeling to sit on a horse and be instantly comfortable! he sure is a good lookin horse too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the first time I rode my OTTB mare. It lasted all of about 10 seconds, she did absolutely nothing wrong and yet I didn't care if I ever threw a leg over her again. I have begun iding her again and OMG! She is so much FUN!!! There's no feeling like it, is there???

    His attiude shows the size of his heart and you guys will be fine. If he does plant you once, next time you will know the signs of what's about to come and can divert the energy. I can't wait to see how far this goes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am to the point that I don't even really want to run him again and just move him on to his next career. I'll probably have to run him at least a couple of times, but I figured that I can at least start doing some basic dressage work with him on the days he doesn't go to the track. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. You can see from the picture that you two click. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I think he was wondering why I kept petting him so much for him basically doing nothing (in his mind) :)

      Delete
  7. Holy moly, he's a nice looking animal! You look great on him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *low-whistle*
    He's a looker - hope you have loads of fun with him ☺☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!