RtR

RtR

Monday, October 5, 2015

Back to Normal

Or as normal as my life gets anyway.

First of all, thank you to everyone that read and commented on my last post. I appreciate it more than I can say.

Watching the sunset from the new boarding facility while I let Indy raise havoc during turnout.

I'm back in Phoenix after going on vacation and it's so nice to be back! My trainer moved to a new facility and I really love it. It's a little more than I was wanting to pay for board, but I'm keeping Winn at another place that is only two miles away from my trainer. It costs a bit less while he gets fit again. It's a nice place too, just not as fancy. I may bring him over to the same place as Indy once he is fit if I can get him a stall. There's a pretty long waiting list right now, so I will probably need to make that decision within the next month or two to make the move worth it.




The barns are in Scottsdale, which is a slightly longer drive from where I was last year. It really only takes about twenty more minutes out of my day. I don't mind, it's worth it in the long run. There is a HUGE covered arena and outdoor arena. The barn has a mister system and big fans which is great because it's been hotter than Hell. The arenas have great footing! There are also two large round pens with the solid siding, a six horse walker that goes both directions, and a lounge and kitchenette. The facility hosts a lot of schooling shows and several clinicians, including Jan Ebeling. 

It's like dressage heaven to me. Seriously. I want to spend all day, every day, out there. Unfortunately, I have to work my ass off to pay for it all, so I have to settle for a few hours a day. For now, the fiancé takes care of the barn at the track in the evening so that I don't have to ride in the heat of the afternoon because he know that I'm the biggest wimp in the world when it comes to heat. He's cool like that.

Riding Winn in Ruidoso.

Winn's place has a large (20x20) covered stall and a good sized arena. The owner is an extremely nice guy and takes phenomenal care of the horses. All of the horses at his place look great which is always reassuring. He also will let me go ride on the trails with him if I want and even offered to let the fiancé take one of the horses on the trails with me too.

The fiancé and I at the Grand Canyon.

All in all,  I'm just really happy right now. The fiancé and I may not be rich, but I feel like we have a truly great life and I'm extremely grateful for everything we do have. I'm content. Before we went on vacation, I was so burnt out and exhausted. Now that we're back, I'm feeling refreshed and more motivated than ever. The hard work isn't bothering me. I'm back to enjoying the work at the track and looking forward to the future instead of almost dreading it. Life is too short and I want to not only enjoy every minute, but make the most of them that I can.

Vacation pics if you're interested:

Always live life on the edge. Even if you're getting some serious dizziness.

Monument Valley

Canyon de Chelly

Cliff Palace-Mesa Verde

Mesa Verde Kiva

The bunkhouse at the ranch we spent a few days at.


Natural Bridges National Park
We rented this to go out on the trails in Sedona.

Shopping in Sedona.

Dress I bought in Flagstaff to wear to the Breeder's Cup. Any ideas everything else to wear with it are welcome. Now I just have to find one more dress. 


Horse hair pottery we bought.

Grand Canyon

Aztec Ruins in New Mexico.

The best flat bred and beef stew ever!

Sedona

Petroglyphs at Arches National Park 

Delicate Arch- Arches National Park 

Salt water taffy in every flavor you can imagine.

Sedona 

Canyon de Chelly

More climbing on rocks at Arches National Park.

Bearizona

Damage from a fire in 2000 at Mesa Verde

The Balcony House ruins at Mesa Verde.













































24 comments:

  1. Love that dress! You are going to look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress! You are going to look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mesa Verde. I was there a looooong time ago, though. Like, in the 90s, and the super high climbs scared the crap out of me!

    I think Scottsdale is where a good friend of mine boards. She's a hunter, though. But also has a fancy spotted pony. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it. your friend sounds like she has great taste! :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE THE DRESS. I also love your new barn and your hubby's super macho photo faces. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He absolutely hates pictures. I think I only have one picture where he was smiling and that's only because he didn't know I was taking one.

      Delete
  5. Your trip looks amazing! I am going to see if I can find you on facebook so I can bug you about places you would recommend from your trip. Dying to check out that area of the country.

    The new barns both sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to recommend some places!
      https://m.facebook.com/jodi.perkins.5?ref=bookmarks

      Delete
  6. I'm really glad your vacation did exactly what vacations are supposed to do: leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated! The new boarding place looks fantastic (HOLY huge indoor), and Winn looks really great.

    The pictures from your vacation are gorgeous, especially the ones of Arches National Park :) Isn't it beautiful out west?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vacation certainly did it's job. Thank you! There were so many more beautiful places I wanted to see, but we ran out of time.

      Delete
  7. Pretty dress! And that barn is beautiful! When I moved home I ended up at a place that was a little more than I wanted to spend for board as well, but it has been so worth it to be there! Glad you are getting settled in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that it will definitely be worth it. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm just imagining the heat in those pictures. Glad you are feeling great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! The heat is the only thing I can complain about. Fortunately, it's going to rain for a couple of days. Unfortunately, it's going to be a horrendous, steamy bitch three days from now.

      Delete
  9. Love your pics! That dress would look amazing with a big, floppy black hat and red heels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was totally thinking red shoes with it, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that would work. I'd love a black floppy hat too!

      Delete
  10. gorgeous pics!!! visited mesa verde once and LOVED it! glad you had such a refreshing and restorative vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a really interesting and neat park!

      Delete
  11. That picture of you standing on the edge made my stomach drop haha Looks like a great vacation with plenty of fun and rest (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a lovely vacation; I loved seeing all the pictures. The salt water taffy looks heavenly–it's my favorite candy besides European candies and chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pics from vacation! And that dressssssssss--love it. So glad you and the ponies are all doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous dress & pics, it looks like you had a great time unwinding on your well deserved getaway.
    I don't know how you feel about a splash of colour with your dress, but if you're into hats a fuchsia or bright yellow would look awesome wih the b&w...although yo be fair the beauty of b&w is every colour under the sun will complement it. You're going to look so glam whatever accesories you decide to go with ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!