RtR

RtR

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Almost Famous

The lighted horse with the dark background has always been an attractive picture to me. When a friend told me that a photographer was coming to Scottsdale that does this type of photography, I couldn't turn down the opportunity. After all, when you have a horse that is as much of a diva as Indy, professional portraits are a must.


Indy in her dramatic diva pose.

The Portraitures were done by Giana Terranova Photography and she is fantastic! She is very patient with the horses (Indy wouldn't be a true diva if she didn't make getting a good shot at least a little bit difficult) and professional. Giana made the trip to Scottsdale, but she is in the Orange County, CA area. Her prices are very good and she does a great job. If you live in that area, I'd highly recommend her. Even if you don't, it'd be worth looking into getting enough people together to pay for her trip to come to you. Check out her website to see all of the services that she offers. I plan on doing a photo session of Indy and I with her next time as well as another Portraiture session. I want one of Winn too.. I am also considering booking her to do some of the horses at the track as a gift for owners. I almost did it this time and am really regretting that I didn't now.


Love this one!



My pretty girl!











Also, it's a pleasure to introduce Indy's boyfriend, Stewart, to all of you. And what better way to introduce him than through the the beautiful portraits done by Giana



Indy definitely has good taste! She LOVES Stewart and is SO much nicer to ride when he is around.



Seriously though, isn't he beautiful? A huge thanks to his owner, Jill, for letting me post some of Stewart's portraits!

I'm so happy to have these pictures of Indy! Next time I will probably braid and, if she needs it, body clip. I like that I went with keeping it simple in these first ones though. She looks how I know her and there are no words that I can use to describe Indy that will sum her up as well as these photographs do. They capture everything about her. Thank you so much Giana!

I'm going to order a canvas of one of the portraits. Which one do you guys like?

23 comments:

  1. I love the first one! I have a picture like these of my mare and it is my absolute favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics. First one is my fav for sure.

    But seriously, now I'm in love with Stewart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika,

      Stewart's Mom, Jill, here :). Thanks for the kind words! He's just as sweet as he looks-my horse of a lifetime :). And he LOOOOVES his beautiful girlfriend, supermodel Indy! :)

      Delete
  3. I love these shots!! So fun to have professional photos from time to time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first is my absolute favorite! What a beautiful set of photos to have, I wish I had been more into photography when my mare was still alive. I've seen so many neat photo shoots involving horses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all stunning, cobgrats on having such a girgeous girl.
    I do not envy you having to chose but one of those beautiful snapshots for the canvas *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!!! I've always loved the dark background style of picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those photographs are lovely, she's so striking in her gray dapples!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of a gorgeous horse. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want pictures like these! SHes gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are breathtaking. Such amazing photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous pictures! Makes me want to get some pro shots done for Quest now haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all so beautiful I would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite. I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, these are absolutely stunning. I hope you get them blown up and framed!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god, every single one of these pictures is stunning! Indy is definitely photogenic, and looks absolutely gorgeous against the black background. What a great keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful pictures! I regret not having any done while Estes was alive. That's a mistake I'm not going to make with Skeeter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stewart!! <3 <3
    Also- curious- did she use the barn aisle and just natural light, or are these all photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he gorgeous? She used the barn aisle and natural light and then photoshopped them.

      Delete
    2. That's what I figured! Seriously gorgeous work there :)

      Delete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!