RtR

RtR

Friday, May 1, 2015

Travelling Horses

The meet is almost wrapped up here with just a few more days to go. We have a few more horses to run and then goodbye 2° above hotter than Hell Phoenix weather and hello snow/rain in Denver.


See ya, sunbeams of death!


What it takes to move:
One fifteen-horse van (our friend is using four of the stalls)
Three pickups
Two horse trailers (a five-horse and a three-horse)
One fifth wheel
Four people
Hours upon hours of packing/unpacking, setting up the barn, driving etc.
Probably a spare tire or two no matter what we do to avoid needing one.
10,000 ounces (give or take a little) of caffeinated drinks.
A crapload of time, money, and years off of my life.

americanhorsetrans.com- In case you ever need a whole van to yourself....seriously though, they do a good job and have good prices if you need a horse shipped.

Anyway, the stress and panic party of moving has commenced, so I may not be around much for the next week or two. I hope that y'all have a super great next few weeks and an awesome start to the show season if you're headed that route.

The only other thing I have that is new and exciting to report is that I picked up another Thermotex blanket. We didn't desperately need another one, but it's in very good condition (the cover is just a bit dirty) and everything works great. For $350 (new ones are $2,000+), I could hardly pass it up. It's a lot nicer than our old one.





13 comments:

  1. Happy thoughts for your travels!! Excited to hear about Colorado, as I to an familiar with the sunbeams of death!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move! Hopefully everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a steal on the thermotex! Nice score! I am sorry you have to move AGAIN but hopefully nice weather awaits you and everything is smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with the move!! interesting about the thermotex - need to google that to see what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't imagine moving that many horses! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping the move is uneventful and quiet :)

    And yes, that is a HUGE deal on the Thermotex!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels! Love the blanket - great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a smooth trip here! It probably won't snow much again...probably :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SCORE on that thermotex. Keep your head up and your veins pumping those caffeinated beverages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Add a few bottles of wine or tequila to that list. :) I lol-ed at your "sunbeams of death" btw. Best of luck in the move!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I stress about "moving" my horse an hour down the road for a weekend horseshow and back. I can't imagine the stress of what you do...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belatedly playing catch up - what an ordeal. Huge kudos for all that organising & congrats on the thermotex. I know how much you use, rate & love the other one. I cannot wait to hear more about this one when things settle down some :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!