RtR

RtR

Sunday, August 4, 2013

My escape

I spend seven days a week at the barn, working in the mornings and evenings, sometimes all day. I'm certainly not complaining because I love working with the race horses. However, it is nice to get away occasionally. So what should a person do for fun when they spend the majority of their life at a barn? Go to another one and ride, of course.

Going out to ride Indy is my escape from the race horses. The race track is go, go, go. I'm cleaning stalls, tacking horses, riding the pony, and constantly trying to keep everything moving smoothly and on schedule. 

Out at Three Pines Farm, the facility where I board my three year old RPSI filly, it is quiet, peaceful, and calm. There aren't any time restraints. I can take as long as I want to groom and ride her. I'm the owner, so I don't have to worry about pleasing anyone but myself. I can sit back and enjoy the process of training a young dressage horse. To me, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing those gradual improvements from day to day. When I can take my time, the progress is more obvious, and I don't get frustrated or flustered. I leave the barn happy and proud!

I
I love her soft, kind, and intelligent eyes



My pretty Indy


On another note, it has been pretty dry here all summer. Then BAM! A huge thunder storm came through last night. The only good thing about it was that I was able to get some pretty cool pictures.

Rolling in fast


Creepy


The water pouring off the roof.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos Jodi - they give us a nice insight into your words:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You probably would have gotten some pretty amazing pictures of that storm:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!