RtR

RtR

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Long overdue

I've been completely slacking when it comes to blogging, so I figured an attempt to catch up should be made. My fiancé and I are in Phoenix and have pretty much settled in. As settled as two people can get when you move three times a year anyway. The weather is gorgeous, the horses are happy, and we might actually get to go on a short vacation soon. *fingers crossed*

My grandpa came to visit for a week. Even though his notice of his arrival was short (eight hours) and he about gave me a heart attack, I was glad to have him here.

Grandpa used to ride, as in a jockey, and when he got too big, began training. He hasn't trained since the 60's I believe, but now is a part of a syndicate that owns a couple of horses we train. He loves being around the backside. It makes me so happy to be able to give my grandfather that opportunity again!

As far as the business side, things are going well! The barn is full. We have some new horses and some that we have trained before that were sent back to us.

I haven't gotten much riding in on my dressage horses since Grandpa was here and then I came down with some nasty virus, but that is my priority this week. They're all pretty content and happy. Though Indy gives me this bored look that makes me feel guilty about not getting her out for a ride. I don't think Beefheart is too heart-broken about getting the summer off. He definitely needs to get back to work. Gunner is at the track to go back to his job as a pony-horse. There is a schooling show next month that I might take him to. I'd like to take Beefheart and Indy. Unfortunately, they probably won't be ready by then. There's a schooling show every month, so I'm not too worried about rushing into the upcoming one.

So that's about it for now.  Life keeps rushing by, but things are good!


Grandpa and Ty bathing Dragon



So cute! I wish Dragon hadn't run such a bad race, but he occasionally throws in a clunker and Grandpa has been around horse racing long enough to understand that happens.


Watching the horses train

Me and Trophy. I actually have the time to gallop! Now if I can just find the inclination...


Pentagram aka Berni. I might be a little too in love with him.


Ty and Question. Question is finally starting to look and feel good again. He was pretty dull when we got him back.



Woody is back!!!! This is the kindest and sweetest horse. Walking into the barn and seeing him makes my day!


Carey-all class!


Aggie deciding to break into a gallop right when I took the picture.


Grandpa tried to roll polos for me. If you don't know me, I am completely OCD about polos being rolled perfectly. I grabbed them as quick as I could and re-rolled them where he couldn't see me doing it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!