RtR

RtR

Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 10 Questions

More fun from L at Viva Carlos!


                         
                            As you can see we are both looking pretty ambitious

1. Is your horse spooky or bombproof? Beefheart isn't really spooky. Occasionally, he will react to something if it's windy or cold out. Indy can be pretty spooky at times. I sometimes wonder how well she sees. Gunner is pretty bomb proof as long as he isn't fresh, on the track, or in an indoor. He HATES indoors. Winn isn't spooky and if he does spook it's because he is just being an ass that day. Princess (my racehorse) isn't spooky at all other than she gets reactive in the gates. Barstow (not mine, but I'm riding her so she counts too) is a little spooky, but I think she will get over it fairly quickly.

2. Does your horse have a long or short stride? Beefheart has a medium-ish stride. Gunner has a long stride. Indy has a long stride, when she is right. Winn has a really long stride, but he is extremely tall and long bodied with long legs so he should. Princess has a medium stride. Barstow will have a long stride when she learns to use herself better. She did on the track, so there is no reason she won't as a dressage horse.

3. Describe your current barn in 3 words? Peaceful, relaxed, fun

4. If you could switch barns, would you? No, but I have to since I move all of the time. 

5. Favorite brand of breeches? Eurofit

6. How many blue ribbons do you have? (Red if you live in Canada or Britain).  I've been showing some form or another since I could sit up on a horse by myself so I have absolutely no clue. I do have one red ribbon from a dressage show in Canada though.

7. How many saddle pads do you own? Probably about a dozen. Two of those are BoT, I have two half pads (Christ and Ogilvy), and the rest are pretty much just regular dressage pads. This question makes me wonder how many saddle pads I've lost/misplaced with all of the moving I've done in the past decade. Not to mention the ones that are in my storage unit that I haven't even looked at in the last six years.

8. Is your horse your phone background/lock screen? No. My mom's horse and I at a show is.

9. Do you go trail riding often? (weather permitting) Not much, unless you count riding in open areas at the track in Denver. It's not that I don't like it, I just don't get a lot of opportunities. Once the bugs die down a little here I probably will. 

10. Favorite horsey movie? Sylvester with Melissa Gilbert. I must have watched it at least a hundred times as a kid. Back then my big dream was to be an eventer.



3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Sylvester I will try and hunt it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvester is awesome! My favorite part is when he suddenly becomes and Andalusian for the moonlight dressage portion!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!