RtR

RtR

Monday, August 11, 2014

So excited!

I was asking one of our friends (he's kind of like a surrogate father to the fiancé and I) at the track if he knew of any horses for sale for a friend that's looking. He told me about a gelding, that I really like, then came back the next day and said he wants to sell his mare. I told him that I would come get some pics and video of her. I did that today and asked what he would do if my friend wasn't interested and she didn't get sold. He said he really wanted to get her sold, but would board her in Phoenix until he got back from vacation if he needed to. Throughout the conversation, he decided that he would send her to my trainer's in Albuquerque for me to ride and see what we could get done with her in the dressage arena. He knows how bad I don't want to go to the Downs at Hellbuquerque and figured it would be healthier for me to have a project. Ride my misery away and such instead of moping around. I agree with him. Three horses to ride will keep me out of trouble and plenty busy. Having his horse will ensure that I don't get in a rut and hide from the world. I'm not going to let him spend the money on his horse to just sit there, so it gives me more motivation to get off of my ass and get my horses ridden. I'm not getting paid for this and I don't want any commission if she sells. I'm just looking forward to the challenge of it. I love retraining OTTBs. So if my friend that might be interested ends up with her, great! If not, I have something to look forward to. It's a win/win situation either way :)

*No, this isn't a for sale post, I'm just excited about her. The for sale post will come a) if my friend doesn't buy her and b) once I've been able to ride her.

Anyway, meet 'B':


Her owner/trainer bought B last winter. I didn't know he had bought her. I was up on the rail watching horses go and was immediately drawn to her. B just stood out, the way she carried herself and moved. She screamed dressage to me. Then I saw his saddle towel on her and questioned (okay, interrogated) him the first chance I got. I've liked her from the first time I saw her and I am not normally a chestnut mare fan. For me to even notice B, she REALLY had to have a commanding presence.

I can't wait to get to Albuquerque (who would have thought those words would ever come out of my mouth) and start riding her! Having her, Beefs, and Indy at my trainer's is going to make being there soooo much better! 
















30 comments:

  1. WOW! Her hind legs are a little posty, but other than that, oh MAN she's built well. I look forward to seeing her progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they are. Not terrible, but a little. I am definitely going to keep track of the retraining process, for better or for worse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's absolutely gorgeous! I agree with Jen on her hind legs and she may have a straighter shoulder but man, she's really built nice!! Looking forward to hearing more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like her, but she screams jumper to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to free jump her and then maybe have my trainer do some jumping with her. I haven't jumped in so long that I don't think I should be the one to teach her ;)

      Delete
  5. As a jumper rider, I prefer a straighter shoulder. And hind legs that are a bit posts don't hurt my feelings. I've yet to see the perfect horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree :) Everything just ties together so well on her and I don't think that she has any conformational flaws bad enough to create soundness problems.

      Delete
  6. She's gorgeous! I might have a soft spot for chestnut mares... I've got a cute grey OTTB and my lazy mare you can go ride while you're there too if you want more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your chestnut mare could definitely would definitely make a person have a soft spot for them! The more I ride, the better :)

      Delete
  7. Dang! You are a hot horse magnet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping she is going to be as nice as I think she will be...

      Delete
  8. I might be a bit partial to chestnuts, but I really like her. Looking forward to seeing more posts about her rides :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really looking forward to posting more about her.

      Delete
  9. She's a beauty - I've always had a thing for chestnut mares & she is no exception. Can totally see why she caught your eye and hope you have a ball together in Hellbuquerque (I cannot type that enough - LOVE IT!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to post some pics from there so that you can see why I call it that :)

      Delete
  10. Holllly crap, she's GORGEOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looooove her. Everyone knows I'm a sucker for a red-headed TB, though. ;) Keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's a good looking girl. Chestnut mares are the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a chestnut mare fan, so I love this one! Can't wait to hear how she does!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is lovely! How exciting, can't wait to see/hear more.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!