RtR

RtR

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Devil Jumps and Beefheart Year End Standings

Since Indy and Winn had the laser therapy and adjustments yesterday, I just hand walked them today. I decided that a walk on the track that goes through the cross country course would be good for Indy since I want to start riding her out there soon. She was really good  for the most part and I think that she enjoyed it.

I decided to snap some pics of the jumps for all of you eventer crazies out there. Seriously though, ya'll have some balls. Most of these jumps made me about pee my pants just looking at them. It's not the height, it's the fact that they're so damn solid. There were about three things that looked fun to me: the banks, the water jumps, and the few jumps that were 2'6" and under. So, you guys have nothing but my utmost respect.



No thanks.

Pan view of the barn area.

No way.

The track

Indy really thought that the graczing part was great.

The only jump that really bothered her was this one. She thought that the mustache was a winged demon. Keep in mind that she is not a fan of big wooden boxes on the ground (giant mounting blocks).

Hell no!

Maybe, but probably not.

The one on the right. MAYBE.

On another note, I looked up the final standings for the NMDA shows. Beefs and I are 1st at training level with an average of 70.266.



I'm not sure how they are going to pick the placings for first level. The requirements are that you ride three tests and one of them has to be 1-3. Beefs and I were going to do that test at the next show, but it was cancelled anyway, we would have been in the same spot even if I hadn't lost him. I'm the only one that has three tests, but there are a couple of people with tests at 1-3. So, if they go by the average, we will win that. His average first level score was 66.72.

Either way, I am so proud of him and thankful that we had the opportunities we did. I was very blessed to have a horse like him in my life.

I will do the post about the laser therapy and adjustments on both of them soon, I'm just waiting to get one of the thermal images.

16 comments:

  1. The xc jumps look totally amazing! Congrats on your success with beefs, still so sad, but lots of good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, maybe I need to bring the Bacon down there and tackle all of those jumps! Especially that mustache one! Beefs sure did well under you, and I hope your heart is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like most of those jumps, except the logs, they do look too solid for me. I used to do quite a bit of jumping once upon a time before I lost my heart horse to colic six years ago.

    Congratulations on your success with Beefs. It's always hard to lose a wonderful horse and friend. It's the good memories that will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. I hope they go by averages and you get the first place. That would be so special. *hugs*

    Those jumps look scary... especially the mustache lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mustache jump would be my jam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs* I'm sure that standing is bittersweet, but it shows what a great team you two were.

    and I'm with you on most of those jumps - HELL NO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't want to jump most of those either, but I am jealous of having that area to ride around in! Interested to hear how the laser therapy and adjustments work for your horses, Fawkes has had two rounds now and it seems to be making a difference - which it had better based on how pricey it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome cross country course! they're pretty much all out of my comfort zone right now too - but i'm finding that the more i practice the littler stuff, the bigger ones start looking better...

    anyways, congrats on your year-end scores with Beefs. he was so special and you guys had a great partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your success is such a sweet tribute to Beefheart. He really was one neat horse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...Call me naive (or stupid) but I sort of want to try those jumps.

    And much love <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous of your awesome jumps

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, the funky painted jump combo on XC at our last event caught a lot of horses out too. I wish I could see through a horse's eyes for a day to know what things look like to them - clearly funky painted things do not look the way they do to our human eyes. Congratulations on those scores, what a nice tribute to you and Beefs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!