RtR

RtR

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Viva Carlos' Magical Blog Hop: Appreciating what you have

Out of all my horses, Indy (Winndelynn) is the one I am most critical of. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I loved riding her sire, Winnetou, so much. A lot of things about her remind me so much of him, but she is a lot like her dam. I tend to expect too much of her too quickly and it's really not fair to her. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love her. We just haven't clicked as easily as I was hoping.



So when I saw Viva Carlos' latest blog hop, I figured it was a good chance to remind myself of all the things I love and appreciate about Indy.

1. Her big head that is a perfect cross between dopiness and femininity (is that possible?).



2. I can tack her up without tying/cross tying her and she won't move. I can just throw the lead rope over her neck and do what I need to do.

3. She is perfect to load, unload, pull her mane, bathe, groom, etc.

4. Her very large, but good feet.

 5. She follows me around like a giant dog. I can "lead" her around with nothing on her. She will walk, trot, halt, back, and do a turn on the haunches (in enclosed areas, of course).

6. Her very uphill and fluid gates.

7. Indy's sweet, soft, and kind eyes (like Winnetous).

 8. How she will just stare at me until I come over and pet her.

9. She really is pretty.

10. She is tall, but not too tall.

11. How proud she is of herself when I'm riding her and she gets something right.

My favorite picture of us. She was three in this picture and it was after our first official lesson together.





get the InLinkz code

8 comments:

  1. She sounds like a nice girl.

    I hear you on the "I loved her parents" thing though. I had a mare like that and it just never worked out for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really hope she is just a little slow maturing :/

      Delete
  2. Great list! She is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for doing another awesome blog hop :)

      Delete
  4. Great list! Isn't L. awesome at coming up with the perfect subject for her blog hops? This was a great one!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!