RtR

RtR

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Totally Suckered

I swore up and down that I wouldn't go to the track in Albuquerque again. Then again, I swore that two years ago. It's a shit hole. There are giant cest pools in the barn area. It's loud and stinks. There are pigeons everywhere that crap on you. I'm pretty sure that the nasty little buggers take aim and fire too. That's just at the track. The area around the track is full of vagrants, drunks, meth/crackheads, hookers, and things that used to be people (I'm not even sure how to classify them). Then there are those that like to steal your vehicles or anything else that has any value. No, I'm not being over dramatic. Nope, I'm not going!!!!! No! No!!! HEEEELLLLLL NOOOOO!!!!

This little peach actually jumped out, ran to a car behind him to bum a cigarette, and then jumped back up in the truck with a practiced ease that gave him more than enough time to complete his mission before the light turned green.

Demon birds conspiring about who will bomb me from what direction. Ugh! They're so gross!!!


Or so I said. Now I'm going. And here's how I got suckered:

A few weeks ago a friend messages me about taking a couple of horses to Albuquerque if she decided to run them there. I asked the fiancé and he said that he would train them if she decided to send them. Friend contacts me today saying she has decided to send them with the fiancé. I tell him. He tells me it looks like I have to go to Albuquerque now because he can't have that many horses without me helping him. Do you see how I totally got outsmarted on this one? On top of that, he was quite smug about it. Jerk.

In all honesty, I was probably doomed to go from the beginning. This just gave him a better opportunity to justify it. Oh, well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy to have the business and she has very nice horses. I'm not complaining about that part at all. However, be prepared to listen to me bitch about the Downs at Hellbuquerque from the end of this month until the middle of October. A lot! I don't give a crap how much they raised the purses, that place sucks!

In my defense, I have to go, but I have conditions that had to be met before I would agree.

He better be having this mentality the entire time I'm there!

1. My ass is gone with the truck, trailer, and load of horses as soon as the meet at Phoenix starts.

2. Both Indy and Beefheart are being boarded at my trainer's place.

Of course, I forgot to add that I get to take as many lessons as we can afford and that I am going to every show possible. I'll fit that into the package somehow though. Along with another trip to the Derby, a girl's weekend at Del Mar with my friend, a trip home.... let's see what else....oh yeah, a new camera, another pair of full custom Koenigs, and a new computer (okay, I'm pushing it). Oh yes, this one WILL cost him...

My fave trainer keeping me organized before a class on Winn.

There is one good thing about going and that is that I do get to ride with my favorite trainer and his wife. I've been so much more focused with my riding this year that I'll be more likely to take advantage of having a trainer so accessible. Especially after trying to do all of this dressage crap while being locked down at the racetrack this summer. A trainer, a real arena, no match racers to try and kill me while I ride (that obviously doesn't cover at the racetrack, of course). Yes, there is at least one positive part about being drug to Albuquerque kicking and screaming. Riding will help me survive it. Well, riding AND large quantities of alcohol.




24 comments:

  1. Your list of "demands" seems totally reasonable to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% agree with 900fbpony - completely logical and earned list of requirements for your participation in the move to Hellbuquerque.

    I'm so excited for you having access to your fav trainer & cannot wait to hear all about your lessons and drool over photos taken on your new camera ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera is a must! I really am excited about getting some good lessons :)

      Delete
  3. Haha I love your list of demands - totally reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could totally use the support on them...

      Delete
  4. Keep it classy, Albuquerque! I think your list of demands is pretty fair. Could probably add one or two more things if you thought about it long enough though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely forgot a couple of things, like a fully stocked bar in the barn and unlimited trips to Starbucks.

      Delete
  5. Ughhhhh, I am SO sorry.
    If it helps, I will send you all the good restaurants to eat at AND I think you should take yourself to Uptown for retail therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great! I totally agree on the retail therapy too.

      Delete
  6. Always use an opportunity to get some bonus items!! I have only been to Albuquerque once and, well, they have good Mexican food? That is all I have. Exciting to get to ride in a ring and take lessons though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really do have good Mexican food! I have a tendency to like it too much and gain a bit of weight there though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see anything wrong with your list of demands, seems completely normal to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to seem greedy, but I think you're right ;)

      Delete
  9. Don't forget to add in a few pairs of new breeches (to wear to all those lessons!), a couple of blingy browbands (enough to change them out as needed for every event. You don't want to be seen with the SAME browband at every show!) and possibly a really posh rehab reservation to help you with the alcohol problem you're going to develop running from pigeons... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! All good ideas! Albuquerque bomber pigeons could definitely cause a serious alcohol addiction.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that was actually the original name. They just changed it and added a balloon festival to make it more tourist friendly.

      Delete
  11. Oh no. Don't give in easily--you've got to hold out for those demands or you'll really be stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Should have thrown at least a few bonnets of a variety of colors, few pair of nice breeches, and a back massage every night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all of those things need included too. I'm starting to think one thing for every day I have to be there seems fair.

      Delete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!