RtR

RtR

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Rising From the Ashes

It's so nice to be back in Phoenix! This city is such a huge improvement over Hellbuquerque. From the second I pulled in, security was great to deal with (see my security experience at the Downs of Hellbuquerque here) and everyone has been extremely friendly, other than our neighbors that seem to hate us for no reason other than they are bored. Whatever. I can deal with that.

The fiancé galloping Reya


Right now, we have fourteen horses at the track and no groom yet. Needless to say, I've been working my ass off. Fingers crossed that we find one soon because that is a hell of a lot of work for just the two of us.



Indy is settled in at her new barn and I love it there so far. She has a big stall and the place has large turnout areas, a covered arena, a couple other dressage arenas, a training track, a jumping arena, and a pretty awesome looking cross country course (not that I will ever use it, but who knows). There's even more there, I just haven't explored the whole place yet. The trainer and the couple of people that I have met so far have been very welcoming. I'm really excited for my first lesson!





It was hard to leave without Beefs, he's traveled with me so many miles over the years. I wish so much that I still had him with me and miss him every day. I do feel like starting at a new barn will help me get past losing him. I loved it out at JL and MB's, but being in a city and at a track that I like also, makes life as a whole seem much better. It feels like a new start.

So, I guess that's it for tonight. I've fallen behind on everyone's blogs again and am hoping to get caught up as soon as possible!

21 comments:

  1. Glad the ponies have settled in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Spoiled little buggers! Now if I can just get the fiance and I settled in...

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your groom hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We found one. It literally feels like the weight of about ten stalls of manure has been lifted off my shoulders. I guess it technically has been.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're back somewhere you feel better, the rest will come with time. However keeping us helps, so maybe momentary lack of groom is an odd blessing in disguise...Indy's new digs look amazeballs *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems really happy there so far :) Keeping busy has been good for me in a lot of ways. Being so exhausted sucks though.

      Delete
  4. Glad you're back somewhere you like to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could be your groom but you're on the wrong side of the country lol. I'm glad everyone is settling in well. :) I think the change of scenery will be good. After I lost my dog everything in my house was a constant reminder. I almost wished she'd gone before we moved to the new house, but I wouldn't trade that last bit of time we had together. I'll be thinking about you. *hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The change has definitely helped me a lot. I'm SO much happier! I would totally hire you :)

      Delete
  6. Big hugs, staying busy is good, it definitely helps quell the roiling sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Sitting around would definitely not be a good thing for me right now. Keeping busy keeps me more positive. Or maybe just distracted, but it certainly helps.

      Delete
  7. Indy's new barn looks wonderful - hope you two enjoy lots of good times there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs for you!

    And wow, Indy's barn looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good pony home is hard to find and although Beefs is gone, he'll always be with you and his memory will help you build new memories at this new place. I wish I could drop everything and come groom for you BTW...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great spot. :)
    I was generally really happy at the barn I was with Blue & Apollo but after Blue passed away it just made me too upset to be there. A fresh start/location is a good thing sometimes. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It almost killed me every time I had to see his empty pen. Somewhere new definitely helps.

      Delete
  11. Hugs to you. Hope you find a groom soon and the fresh start continues to help you heal. Phoenix definitely sounds better than ABQ

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!