RtR

RtR

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Irony at it's finest

Last week I posted  The Unknown where I talked about entering the show and how I didn't know wether or not I could go due to the combination of possibly having to run a horse in trials in Boise and then having horses run here. Then in Whatever I posted about how the show was cancelled and that it was probably good because I really didn't need the added stress.



Here's exactly how convoluted my last week and a half has been:

7/8 I enter a show for 7/19 and then freak out because we might have two horses in at two different tracks. I pray that the trials don't go so I can go to the show without having to jump through a bunch of hoops.

7/13 I find out that the show has been cancelled. However, the fiancé enters two horses for the 18th. One horse, we have never run before and the other is a big pushy oaf of a three year old that can be a bit of a handful. We also have two others to enter for 7/19 in Denver and one for the trials in Boise. I order Bionic gloves with part of the money that will be returned from my show fees to cheer myself up.

7/14 The fiancé decides that it would be better for me to haul a first time starter the fifteen hours to Idaho rather than run the two(for sure) to four(possible) horses that we may have in here. I begin wondering if Gastro Gaurd works as well on people with ulcers as it does for horses. I get a message from my stepdad that my mom had to go to the emergency room and I start thinking that going to Boise might not be a bad thing. My mom has had a really rough last couple of months between surgery, two emergency room visits, an injured horse, and having to put one of their dogs down. I wouldn't mind being able to go home to cheer her up some.



7/15 I go through all of the two year olds that are nominated to the Idaho Cup (even after the owner sent me an e-mail summarizing which horses will likely be running) and find that there are nine that could realistically run with two others that have a slim possibility (like the owner had already said). If there are ten or less, they won't run trials.

7/16 We enter the two horses here and the one in Boise. The trials in Boise don't go and the two here get in. I'm relieved to not have to make the long ass drive, but feel bad that I can't see my mom. Then she calls and says she has to go in for surgery tomorrow, so I feel even worse about not going home.


So the general jist is if something went right, it was going to cause something to go wrong. Not my week, I guess. I don't mean to complain, I'm mostly just venting. Maybe I just needed to put everything into words. If you lost track of what went on after a few lines, don't feel bad. It's my life and I can't even keep track of what the hell is happening.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a rough week. I offer you a virtual hug <3 It'll get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vent away. At least you gave GIF therapy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough week. At least you got new gloves, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new gloves definitely helped :) Shopping therapy.

      Delete
  4. That is definitely a rough week, hope it levels out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a hard knock life, afraid all I can offer are virtual hugs while hoping it all picks up ASAP.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS that cat gif is amezeballs, is that from a talent show or something?

      Delete
  6. Yikes, that's a long and confusing week. Here's to hoping this week works out better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, that's a long and confusing week. Here's to hoping this week works out better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you racetrack for making life awesome yet totally insane! I hope you mom is ok, so scary:(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!