RtR

RtR

Friday, January 2, 2015

Looking Back 2014: Horse Racing



I apologize for being absent in the blogging department. Again.



In short, my grandpa came to visit the day after Christmas and had to go to the hospital the day after that. He's been in there since then.



On a good note, Grandpa has stayed very active, he was still playing softball when he came down here, and that should help him recover better from the stroke. It's heartbreaking to see how frustrated he is. I'm praying that he can eventually return to living close to the same way he did before all of this happened.

Anyway, enough of my drama.

2014 was a fairly good year on the horse racing side of things. Not nearly as good as I had hoped, but it could have been worse.



86 starts
15 wins-  17.4%
8 seconds
12 thirds
On the board-40.7%
$144,337 in earnings
Earnings per start $1,687.

Top horses:



Claimed horses:

Silk Indian
Ultimate Question
Volage

Favorite win:

Colinda Dawn


Favorite moments:




Also, I got to meet The Sprinkler Bandit at the Fiesta Bowl. Unfortunately, I'm an idiot and didn't get a picture, but she did. It was so great to meet her!


15 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm sure if he stays active he will be as good as new in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your grandpa! I'm glad he's okay and I hope he has a full recovery. Congrats on your winners. I never really thought about the percentage of winners for race trainers before. Is that good, average, bad? Fascinating! :D Also very cool that you got to meet Sprinkler Bandit!! I saw the pictures on her Instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. 17 % is fairly good, usually we like to be around 20%, which is considered good. We are also usually around 50% 1st, 2nd, 3rd, so 40% is a little low for us. She is a really sweet person :)

      Delete
    2. That's really cool! Thank you for elaborating. :D

      Delete
  3. Way to win with all those fillies! I looked up some pedigrees because I'm a stalker and I looooove Sandhill Lady. Gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those lovely tbreds :D Congratulations on your 2014 success - more of the same for 2015!

    Thanks again for the thoughtful xmas package. Wishing your grandpa a speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish your grandpa a speedy recovery and a return to full health! Sounds like he is a fighter!

    Love to hear about your racing stable! Wishing you guys a successful 2015~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like overall you guys had a pretty good year with the racehorses! I hope your Grandpa feels better in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to hear you are back - I missed your posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. very sorry to hear about your Grandpa - hope he recovers quickly! and congrats on a solid year, even if it wasn't everything you hoped

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to read about your grandpa, I hope he makes a full & speedy recovery. *hugs*
    Congrats on a fab year at the racetrack, continued success (more so in fact) for 2015 ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up on blogs... sorry to hear about your Grandpa, sending some speedy recovery vibes his way! Loved this post otherwise though, it's fun to have a racehorse blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you reading my blog and enjoy reading your comments!